Do what you LOVE in a community you will never want to leave!
Have you been in the industry for long enough to do a bit of everything and now you want to take that experience and show what you can do as a Program Director? Have you got on air chops? Know music scheduling? Organized enough to fit a few meetings into your week?
We are looking for our next, dare-to-be-great, candidate for The Moose, in the beautiful Bulkley Valley. If you've been looking to add PD to your CV, why not do it in Smithers? It is beautiful here and the people are amazing! You'll have fun in all four seasons with a company dedicated to highlighting everything that happens within the region. The right candidate will be ready to really dig into the community, and be the face of the station around town. In addition, you’ll be joining the Vista team, which prides itself on creating opportunity for advancement. So, if you're ready to jump to the next step in your career, this could be the perfect fit!
- Program Director, responsible for the on-air product
- Music scheduling software knowledge a must, G-Selector would be terrific!
- Morning show host on The Moose! Know how to prep a great show for our audience!
- Assist to develop creative promotions
- Voice track shifts as necessary
- Be keen with social media (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube)
- Voice commercials for other Vista properties as needed
- Community liaison for the station
- Host station on-location broadcasts as assigned
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Passion for all things radio and the desire to lead a small team to success,
- On-Air Host experience,
- Knowledge with G-Selector or similar music scheduling software,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Post Secondary Broadcast training from an accredited institution,
- A valid class 5 driver's license,
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition,
- Demonstrated ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) and
- Comprehensive knowledge or experience working in a small market is an asset.
Apply online through our Vista Career Opportunity Portal @ https://careers.vistaradio.ca/ or EMAIL your unique resume and cover letter to Carol Gass - email@example.com.
Please attach an MP3 demo or include a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo with your application.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.