Vista prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to our community involvement. We’re privileged to operate 48 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 70+ transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We are also well connected to our communities with 34 MyTownNow websites.
We’re searching for a passionate storyteller to contribute engaging online and on-air content in Northern Alberta, ideally based in one of the communities we serve in the region (Grande Prairie/Bonnyville/Lloydminster) but we are open to exploring other alternatives for the right candidate. We are looking for a creative, self-motivated person who wants to tell stories about the community that other outlets aren’t. If that’s you, join our team today!
- Research and write news stories for various communities in Northern Alberta
- Interview local newsmakers
- Post to social media, maintain various social media sites
- Dedicated to accuracy in all forms of written word and social media content
- Knowledge of all Code of Ethics and Canadian journalism law
- Pitch original daily story ideas
- Minimum 2 years working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of video and Adobe Premier considered an asset
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
- Ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok etc.)
Apply online at https://careers.vistaradio.ca/ or email your resume to Senior Reporter/Managing Editor, Michael Lumsden at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach writing samples with your resume.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.