Vista Radio is privileged to operate 34 community websites and 48 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across more than 70 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We have an unparalleled commitment to the communities we serve. Join the team and you’ll see it every day in every office across Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, the Broadcast Technician will be responsible for maintaining the cluster of radio stations within our various markets, and its broadcast-technical processes.
No. of Positions:
1 – Ontario (based in the South East: Bancroft, Kemptville or Prescott)
Term: Permanent, full-time
Wage: $60,000-95,000 commensurate with experience
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of FM/AM broadcast transmitter systems.
- Critical thinking to diagnose RF and transmission systems issues. Diagnose equipment health onsite and remotely, determine options in the field to repair, dismantle affected components for off-site for repair, replacement and installation.
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all radio studio equipment, including computers, AXIA IP audio consoles, nodes, processors, analog consoles, mixers,
- microphones, amps, speakers, STL’s.
- Troubleshoot issues in mixed digital and analog environments. Installation, maintenance and ongoing troubleshooting of broadcast computers and all hardware components that operate the ENCO Radio automation systems, servers, regulatory audio loggers, IP online streams and audio distribution systems.
- Maintain the building infrastructure, documentation and inspection reports of current or future problems, implementation and schedule preventative measures and help improve uptime.
- Proactive monitoring of critical equipment and ready to make the necessary adjustments to keep critical systems online and content delivery systems online and operating. Troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of software radio automation computer systems and their related networks, routers, switches and wireless access points. Provide remote and hands-on technical support for staff, including technical support for remote broadcasts.
- Liaise with management to address facility issues with HVAC, Power outages, generators, internet and phone outages working towards restoration.
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records and generating reports of radio cluster findings and recommendations. As well as liaise with community contractors to develop appropriate costing for projects to ensure alignment with departmental budget.
- Travel to transmitter sites around the province for regular equipment maintenance, testing and site cleanup such as vegetation removal near towers and building entrances.
- After Hours and On-Call hours as required, emergency after-hours response for critical and off-air situations. Travel may be required.
- At least 3 years of recent and direct radio engineering experience in the role of a Broadcast Technician.
- Graduate of an electronics technician or technologist program preferred
- High degree of technical skills and aptitude.
- Self-motivated, reliable and safety conscious.
- Detail-oriented, well organized and the ability to strategically prioritize work in response to changing needs or to critical and off-air emergencies.
- A desire to grow within the industry and learn about new trends and standards.
- A positive attitude with a superb customer service approach.
- Demonstrates our core values: Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Excellence.
- Ability and willingness to work in all climates.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
- English, written and spoken
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at www.vistaradio.ca/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Location of Work:
In Ontario, you could be based out of either of the following locations:
- Unit 3, 4 Industrial Rd., Kemptville ON, K0G 1J0; or
- 30674 Highway 28 East, Bancroft ON, K0L 1C0.